Recently my lovely friend Fola, bought me some new recipe books to help me on my healthy journey.
So this week I started with Kate Ferdinand’s latest book Fitter, Happier, Healthier. What I have enjoyed most about this book is the fact that Kate doesn’t only provide recipes, but she also provides advice on fitness workouts, your mindset and some practical recipes.
I’ve had some recipe books for a while but I’ve only started using them regularly. Since going on this weight loss journey, they’ve helped provide me with inspiration for healthier, more exciting and tasty dishes.
This week, I’ve included two new breakfast recipes which were inspired by some of my cookbooks.
What recipe books are you using? Would love to know!
Poached Egg and mushroom English Muffin
Lidl is amazing, I got all the ingredients for £3.90. It will last you 3/4 servings.
WHAT YOU NEED
- x1 English Muffins
- x1 Egg
- Portobello mushrooms
- Pre-heat the oven to 190° Then sprinkle the mushroom with some water, sesame seed oil (or olive oil), salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and grill for 15-20 minutes.
For the poached egg
- On the stove: In a saucepan, boil some water to simmer. Make sure the water is around 5 cm in depth. Then, add an egg to the pot, and boil for 3 minutes. If you like your eggs fully cooked, leave for an extra 2 ½ minutes. Also you can use this BBC episode
- Microwave: Crack an egg into a mug and cover with water. Then cover with a plate, and microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes.
- Toast your muffins, then add some butter (optional). Now place the egg, then mushroom on top!
Porridge with raspberries and cinnamon.
The Kate Ferdinand recipe book has some nice porridge recipes, so I adapted one of them with ingredients I like.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ready Brek or Porridge Oats
- Almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- Place the oats in a bowl, and pour enough milk to cover the porridge then stir.
- Now place in a microwave for 1 minute. Then take it out and stir, then place back in the microwave for another minute.
- Now add some raspberries and sprinkle with honey and cinnamon.