This week I’ve just jazzed up some chicken wings with a mango sauce which is super easy to make! Good thing about this dish is that you can keep the tips for chicken stock. I’ve had to cook a lot so chicken stock has been a life saver! I’ll be posting a quick recipe for how I do chicken stock on my Instagram page.
Hope you’re all keeping safe, and remember to stay at home!
WHAT YOU NEED
For 20 chicken wings (10 whole pieces cut in two)
- 10 whole chicken wings
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion seasoning
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp white or black pepper
For the mango sauce
- 1 whole mango
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 red or white onion
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the wings into two pieces. (TIP: Freeze the tips, they can be used for chicken stock.)
- Now season the wings with salt, black/white pepper, onion and garlic powder. Then marinade for an hour.
- Frying: Add 2 tbsp of flour to the chicken and stir till every piece is coated. Heat up some oil, then fry until golden. (TIP: Fry the flats and drums separately, as the flats cook quicker).
For the sauce
- Blend the sliced mango, pepper, onion and garlic until smooth.
- In a frying pan, add the honey, white wine vinegar, mango mix and salt and white pepper to taste. Once thickened, add the sauce to the chicken wings in a bowl and stir until every piece is coated.